This plugin adds user switching links to the SureCart interface to allow admins to assist customers or test orders by temporarily switching WordPress user accounts to view the customer dashboard.
On this page, you will find all the steps you need to set up and use our plugin. The steps below provide instructions about the installation and setup process, as well as additional resources that may be helpful.
1. Install & Setup SureCart
Our User Switching For SureCart plugin is a 3rd party addon for SureCart, so having an existing SureCart store with their plugin installed, active, and set up is a prerequisite to using our product.
DISCLOSURE: The link to SureCart is an “affiliate link” which means if you click on the link and purchase anything, we will receive a commission.
2. Download The Plugin From Your Customer Dashboard
NOTE: If you have not yet purchased the User Switching For SureCart plugin, you will need to do that now before continuing.
After completing the purchase, the next step is to download the WordPress plugin:
- Log into your Customer Dashboard on our website.
- Click the “Downloads” tab.
- Click on the User Switching For SureCart file.
- Click the “Download” button on the .zip file.
- Save the file to your computer.
NOTE: Some Apple computers automatically extract .zip files, so be sure to disable that feature when downloading the plugin file.
3. Install The Plugin On Your Website
Now you are ready to install the User Switching For SureCart plugin. Installing our plugin works the same as installing any other WordPress plugin, so the steps will be exactly the same if you are familiar with the process. If not, you can follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard. This is typically accessed by adding “/wp-admin” to the end of your website’s URL (e.g., www.example.com/wp-admin).
- Once logged in, hover over the “Plugins” menu on the left side and click the “Add New” option.
- At the top of the next screen, click on the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Click on the “Choose File” button and locate the plugin file (.zip format) on your computer.
- Select the file and click the “Install Now” button. Once the installation is complete, you will see a success message.
- Click the “Activate Plugin” button to activate the plugin.
When you activate the plugin, you will be redirected to an overview screen of the User Switching For SureCart addon. This is a unified interface for all of our addons, so any additional addon that you install from our SurelyWP brand will also appear in this same interface. You can switch installed plugins at the top.
The first thing to do is get familiar with the options available to you. The overview tab does a great job of this, and some of the things mentioned there will be covered in the steps below.
NOTE: The plugin features will not work until you add the license key in step #4.
4. Add Your License Key
The most important step after installing the plugin is to connect and activate your license key. This is needed to enable the plugin features to work.
- Log into your Customer Dashboard on our website.
- Click on the “Downloads” tab and then click on the “User Switching For SureCart“ download item. You will see the license key here below the download.
- Click the “Copy” button to copy the license key to your clipboard.
- Go back to your website where you installed the plugin and find the license key settings. To find this screen, look under the SurelyWP menu and click on “User Switching” and then click the “License Key” menu link.
- Paste the license key into the input field, and click the “Activate” button.
5. Adjust The Settings
This plugin includes various settings to enable and adjust features according to your preference. You can access the settings from the Settings tab on the left side of the plugin interface. Each setting contains a clear label and helpful description to make it easy to understand how to use and explain what it does.
In the settings, you can choose to disable the user switching features altogether if you want to disable the function while keeping the plugin active.
You can choose which SureCart or WordPress user roles you want to allow access the user switching features. Only those selected will be able to see the user switching links.
User switching links can be added to each customer in the customer list page and the individual customer details page.
A user switching links can be added to individual order details pages
A user switching link can be added to individual subscription details pages
6. View The Changelog
You can keep up to date about new features, improvements, and bug fixes that we release by viewing the plugin changelog. You can access the changelog from the Changelog tab on the left side of the plugin interface.
7. Check For Updates
Whenever we release a plugin update with new features, improvements, or bug fixes, you will automatically get a prompt in your WordPress plugin list that an update is available, with an update now button. You can also check for notifications or news in the notifications panel in the top-right corner of the plugin interface.
8. Contact Us If Needed
If you have any questions not covered here in the documentation, or if you are facing some technical issue, we will be happy to assist you. Please visit our contact page on our website to share your question or details with us.
9. Explore Our Other Addons
Be sure to check our other addons for SureCart!